What are we doing
THE SAFETY OF OUR CLIENTS AND STAFF IS OUR TOP PRIORITY.
- We are doing remote surveys using video survey technology wherever possible.
- If an on-site survey is essential
- We will complete a detailed assessment to profile our client’s risk category. It may be necessary to request that clients sign a disclaimer to confirm that they have not been exposed to the virus through contact in the past seven days.
- Our surveyor will carry a facemask/visor and gloves which will be worn wherever possible.
- We will maintain social distancing measures (2m apart).
- We are providing PPE to all staff including disposable facemasks or similar (eg washable nose/mouth protection item), eye protection/visor and C-19 secure gloves.
- We are providing each crew with alcohol hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes.
- Where possible we are limiting our packing service to the packing of china, glass and other fragile items.
- We will maintain 2m spacing from the client during the move, although it will be inevitable that the crew cannot do so from each other. However, our staff will maintain social distancing measures as far as is possible when working and are required to avoid restricted spaces as much as possible.
- We require that our staff use eye protection and face masks every time that a 2-man carry is required.
- We will maintain the same crew pairings for all jobs as far as possible.
- We ask our staff to wash their hands thoroughly on an hourly basis and frequently sanitise their gloves.
- We are reminding our crew of the need for good hand and respiratory hygiene, including catching coughs and sneezes in a tissue and avoiding touching their face.
- When travelling in the cab of the vehicle to and from a move, our staff are required to wear face masks and keep the windows open as much as possible.
- Only 2 staff members will travel in the cab of the vehicle at any one-time and additional staff members will travel separately to and from site.
- We are deep cleaning our vehicle cabs and load areas daily, including all equipment, tools etc.
- We will carry out temperature checks at the start of each day which will be recorded. Any crew members displaying Coronavirus symptoms will be sent home.
What we need of you
- If an on-site survey is absolutely necessary
- We ask that any client that is in a high-risk/shielding category should not be present on site.
- We request that clients wear a facemask during the survey visit.
- We request that no pets are free to roam around the house during the visit.
- We request that only one family member is present on site during that survey visit.
- We request that you deep clean the home and their goods and effects in preparation for the move.
- We request that one family member only should be on site during the move and the 2m social distance is adhered to.
- We request that the client wears a facemask/visor during the removal process. We can provide our clients with a facemask on the move day.
- We request that clients self-pack miscellaneous and non-breakable items wherever possible. We will supply the necessary cartons and other materials and will itemise any associated costs in your quote.
- We request that no pets are on site during the move.
- We request that no other people are in the property(s) during the move process.
- We request that access to W/C and wash facilities should be made available for the move crew, and that where possible those facilities should be for the use of the crew only.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please do not hesitate to call us on 02081038838.